Sleeping Man Electrocuted by Charging iPhone Dylan Duarte April 3, 2017 News A Hunstsville, Alabama man is lucky to be alive after a freak accident involving his charging iPhone left him in the hospital for three days. Wiley Day was charging the phone next to him in bed. When he woke up and rolled over, his dog-tag necklace that he was wearing touched the exposed prongs of the charger head, sending an estimated 110 volts through his body. 100 volts is typically the lethal amount. Day was thrown out of bed onto the floor, where his body went numb. He felt pressure around his neck, heard his heart beating in his ears, and his eyesight began to fade. He screamed for help, but at some point during the ordeal was able to pull the chain off of his neck. His niece came into the room and pointed out that the extension cord was smoking. Day was left with strips of flesh missing from his neck and the necklace pattern burnt into his hands from when he grabbed it. He was admitted to the hospital with second and third-degree burns and released after three days. What happened to Day was definitely a freak accident, but it’s still a reminder to be careful when charging your devices. Day now charges his iPhone in the kitchen while he sleeps – and really, who can blame him – but having it out of your bed and on a nightstand would probably be sufficient. I’m sure Day is far from the only one who leaves his devices in bed with him, whether it’s intentional or just from falling asleep while on your phone. Electrocution is no joke. Share This With The World!