You may have been catching our coverage of PAX Prime 2011 over the last week or so, checking out Jurassic Park: The Game and the new Modern Warfare 3 Turtle Beach headsets. You may have also felt like you missed out on the chance to score some seriously awesome swag from the video game expo. Don’t worry, we have you covered.
We want to give you some of the swag we picked up. You like free stuff, right?
What Can I Win?
Let’s start off with what’s up for grabs. That is why you’re here, after all.
- Corsair “Pink Floyd” T-Shirt (M)
- Uncle Slam T-Shirt (L)
- Dead Island Short Comic Book
- King of Fighters XIII Plastic Portfolio
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution Arm Augmentation Arm Warmers
- Magic: The Gathering Card Set
- Uncle Slam Presidential Buttons and Stickers
- Handelabra 1GB USB Flash Drive
- Handelabra Canvas Backpack/Bag
- iBuyPower T-Shirt (L)
- Kingston Hyper-X T-Shirt (L)
- Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon for Xbox 360
Personally, I think the real star of the prize pack is the Ugly Americans game for Xbox Live Arcade. It’s not a physical thing, but it is worth 800 Microsoft Points ($10) and we’ll just send the download code to the winner via e-mail. I’m reviewing it now and it’s crazy fun.
You can get a better look at each of the individual goodies in the photo gallery at the end of this post. Before you do, though, you’ll probably want to know how you can win.
How Do I Enter?
We want to get the word out about this contest to as many people as possible, so we’re leveraging the power of
CrackBook Facebook to do it. Here’s what you need to do:
- Give our Facebook page a “like” if haven’t already done so.
- Post a status update on your wall that includes “MEGATechNews” and a link to this contest post. Something like this:
Sweet! MEGATechNews is giving away some totally awesome swag from PAX Prime 2011. I entered. Have you? – http://wp.me/pz2gY-4NV
- Post the link to your status update in the comments section of this post. You can grab the link by clicking on the time stamp of the update. It’ll be something like “34 minutes ago” or “Wednesday at 15:20.” Make sure you include this link or else your entry doesn’t count.
And that’s pretty much it. It’s a lot easier than it sounds.
Can I Have Bonus Entries?
Send out a tweet similar to your Facebook update, once again including @MEGATechNews and a link to this contest post (http://wp.me/pz2gY-4NV) in there. Then, include a link to that specific tweet in the comment that you’ll be posting below. You can leave just one comment that includes both the link to your Facebook update and your Twitter tweet; no need to comment for those separately.
Anything Else I Need to Know?
The contest is open to anyone in Canada and the United States. If you live outside of North America, but have a mailing address you can use in either Canada or the USA, then that’s fine too.
Entries are open for exactly one week, so you have until noon PST on September 14, 2011. Don’t leave it to the last minute. Enter now.
UPDATE: We used a random number generator and it tells us that the winner is Jeannette Naylor Laframboise! Congratulations! We’ll be messaging you on Twitter shortly. Thanks again to everyone who entered. Don’t worry if you didn’t win; we’ll have more contests and giveaways all the time. :)