fbpx

Woman Electrocuted to Death Through iPhone 5

So this is scary. A young woman from the Xinjiang region in western China was electrocuted to death when she took a call on her iPhone 5 while it was charging. The charger was an official model from Apple, not a third-party device.

A similar incident happened to a man in 2010 when he answered his phone while it was charging. A normal phone only puts out 3-5 volts, not even close to the 36 volts it takes for someone to even feel a shock, so the fault must lie in either the power socket or the charger.

Apple is helping investigate the issue that took 23-year-old Ma Ailun’s life and has offered their condolences to the victim’s family. This is an absolute tragedy and I certainly hope they can get to the bottom of it to prevent any future incidents.

via Cult of Mac

Share This With The World!
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •