iPhone 6 Plus Spontaneously Bursts into Flames Michael Kwan December 4, 2015 News We knew that the Apple iPhone 6 Plus was going to be a hot item this holiday shopping season, but not quite like this. Stories about laptops and smartphones suddenly catching on fire have been relatively rare lately, but the story of one Metro Atlanta man is bringing the fiery issue back to the forefront. His iPhone 6 Plus not only caught on fire in his pants, but he had to strip down in the middle of a parking lot to avoid getting burned. Identified only by his first name, “Rocky” said that he was just going about his day when he felt an intense burning sensation in his front pocket. Shortly thereafter, smoke started coming out of his pocket. It’s a good thing he acted quickly, undoing his belt and undoing his pants. After he did that, he saw that his iPhone had already burned away “pretty much my whole front pocket, burned by boxers, [and] started to burn my leg.” Thankfully, he emerged largely unscathed. Assuming that Rocky is being truthful here, this story still comes with a rather significant caveat. He didn’t get his iPhone 6 Plus directly from Apple or from an official carrier. He got the iPhone as a third-party refurbished unit. This goes to show you that while refurbished phones might sound like a good deal, taking a chance on a third-party might leave you with singed leg hairs as you stand pant-less in the middle of a Home Depot parking lot on a Tuesday afternoon. Source: WSBTV via Cult of Mac Share This With The World!