iPhone 7 Plus Catches Fire While Sitting Unused Dylan Duarte February 24, 2017 News Holy exploding phones, Batman! When it comes to smartphones, it seems like seven isn’t necessarily a lucky number. Brianna, an unlucky iPhone 7 Plus user, recently experienced her iPhone exploding in true Galaxy Note 7 style – smoking, sizzling, kerbang, the works. She posted the immediate aftermath to Twitter and Apple launched a prompt investigation. There’s no indication whatsoever that this is anything more than an isolated incident, but after the Note 7 fiasco, I imagine Apple jumped on this thing with alarms blaring. There are already theories floating around the Internet as to what made Brianna’s phone overheat, with some focusing on the case she was using. iPhone’s catching fire isn’t unheard of, but it’s usually happened when the phone is in a pocket, under a pillow, or otherwise smothered. Her phone was supposedly sitting on the nightstand while she was sleeping, and her boyfriend noticed it smoking when he got up to go to the bathroom. So my IPhone 7 plus blew up this morning was not even using it, literally no explanation for this pic.twitter.com/sQ8CJt4Y69 — Bree✨ (@briannaolivas_) February 23, 2017 Brianna has given the phone to Apple, who expects to know more in a few weeks. Share This With The World!